CCI Toronto News
CCI-T Legislative Committee 2022 Wrap-Up
The CCI Toronto Legislative Committee thanks all our members for their continued support of our organization. Our members make it possible for us to make legislative submissions for the benefit of all condo owners in Ontario, and to provide important legislative updates to all our members.
2022 was a busy year for the Legislative Committee! In many cases our efforts were also supported by all other CCI Chapters across Ontario. Being a part of a National organization means that we have access to the very best experts to support condominiums in our Province.
As the year comes to a close, we reflect on the efforts of our volunteers and want to remind all interested persons of the important legislative issues in 2022.
- Update on the 2020 Auditor General’s Report
- CMRAO Continuing Professional Education Framework for Managers
- The 2022 Condo Conference
- New Elevator Outage Reporting
- A New Minister
- AirBNB Class Action Settlement
- Amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Provincial Election Outreach
- Consumer Protection for Buyers of New Condos
- Case Law Update: Tharani Holdings
- Insurance Consultation
- Permanent Changes to Digital and Virtual Processes
- Condominium Insurance Consultation - Insurance Act, Condominium Act, 1998, Building Code Act, 1992 – January 31, 2022
- Permanent Changes to Enable Digital and Virtual Processes – February 18, 2022
- Proposed Interim Changes to the 2012 Building code to support innovation, increase housing supply and improve firefighter safety under the Ministry of municipal Affairs and Housing – March 14, 2022
- Proposed Changes to Enable a new Voluntary Enhanced Time-of-Use Rate Including Consideration of a New Ultra-Low Overnight Price – March 28, 2022
- Proposal to Improve Information and Strengthen Protections for Ontarians Buying a Unit in a New or pre-Construction Condominium (Condo) Project – April 22, 2022
- Illegal Building and Related Improvements to Protect Buyers of New Homes – May 2, 2022
- Proposed Implementation of Ultra-Low Overnight Electricity Price – September 23, 2022
- Proposed Minister’s Administrative Monetary Penalties Regulations under the New Home Construction and Licensing Act, 2017 – November 14, 2022
- Rent to Own and Licensing Act – December 9, 2022
- Proposed Changes to Support More Homes Built Faster: Ontario’s Housing Supply action Plan: 2022-2023 (Phase 3 – Fall 2022 Consultation for the Next Edition of Ontario’s Building Code. – December 9, 2022
The condominium industry continues to rapidly evolve, and it is already looking like 2023 will be an important year. The CCI-T Legislative Committee wishes all our members the very best of the season, and a Happy New Year.
See all our Legislative Newsflashes here