Black Outs - Help avoid them in your Condo
A Look at Grants Available for Energy Conservation
- Thursday, September 25, 2003
- 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm (registration begins at 6:30 pm)
- Quality Hotel and Conference Centre, 185 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, Renaissance Ballroom
Condominium Corporations were able to breathe a sigh of relief when the Regulations of Bill 210 were passed and it became apparent that condominiums would be included in the hydro rate cap program offered by the Provincial Government. But what will happen when these rate caps are lifted?
The black out of summer 2003 was an eye-opening experience. Pro-active corporations are now looking at ways to decrease their overall energy consumption and save $$$$.
This session will examine what corporations need to look at and how they can best take advantage of funding through Government and other programs for their energy retrofits.
- This session will include the following:
- Introduction to the Energy Retrofit in Your Condominium
- Planning/Feasibility Studies - Grants available locally and nationally how to get the money
- Engineering How to confirm what you need and how to specify for it.
- Implementation How to make it work and payback values
- Government money available for implementation how to get it.
- Case studies going through the process in your Corporation.
- Questions and Answer period
- Dr. Gina Cody, Construction Control Inc., and CCI- Toronto Past President
- Michelle Farley, President, FCS/Safety Sign Design and CCI-Huronia Director
- Toronto Hydro Expert Panel including planners and engineers for the retrofit program
Why You Should Attend
- Learn what funding programs are available to condominiums and how your corporation can qualify.
- Find out how the process works from planning though implementation.
- Listen to true examples through Case Studies of Corporations who have been through the process and learn of their significant savings!
Payment must be made with registration.
CCI Member: $50.00+GST=$53.50