Looking Past the "Problem" of Mental Health in Condos
April 30, 2020
In case you missed CCI-Toronto’s recent webinar on Looking Past the Problem of Mental Health in Condos
With 1 in 2 Canadians recorded as experiencing mental illness at some point in their adult life, these statistics means nearly every condo community inevitably have a percentage of its resident population currently dealing with mental and/or neurological disorders.
On April 30, 2020 CCI-Toronto hosted a webinar called Looking Past the “Problem” of Mental Health in Condos.
Debunking myths, and sharing real life success stories, guest speakers guided participants to a better understanding that preconceived concepts and one size fits all enforcement are not working. If condo boards and professionals are able to look beyond seeing people with mental health issues as problematic, you might just find a new approach to help achieve better results.
If you missed this enlightening discussion, watch the recorded session available at the link below.
Facilitating the presentation was Marc Bhalla, Mediator & Arbitrator for Elia Associates. Guest speakers included Lyndsey McNally, Team Leader at Malvern Condominium Property Manager; Deborah Howden, Condo Lawyer at Shibley Righton, LLP; as well as Keely Duncan, Criminal Attorney at Duncan Defence Law.
Mental Health Support Resources
- www.ementalhealth.ca is a repository of Mental Health resources, searchable by community
- CMHA: www.cmha.ca
- CAMH: www.camh.ca
- Toronto Distress Centre: www.dcogt.com; 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Gerstein Centre: www.gersteincentre.org; 416-929-5200
- Soundtimes: www.soundtimes.com; 416-979-1700
- COTA: www.cotainspires.ca; 416-785-9230
- Maxwell Meighen Centre: 416-366-2733
- Reconnect: www.reconnect.on.ca; 416-248-2050
- York Support Services Network: www.yssn.ca; 1-855-310-COPE (2673), 1-866-323-7785 (TTY)
- Scarborough Hospital Mobile Crisis Program: 416-495-2891
- Boys and Girls Club of Durham: www.bgcdurham.com; 905-728-5121
- Durham Mental Health Services: www.dmhs.ca
- Fernie House: www.fernieyouth.ca
- Kinark Child and Family Services: www.kinark.on.ca
- Lakeridge Health Network: www.lakeridgehealth.on.ca
- Toronto Senior's Helpline: www.torontoseniorshelpline.ca; 1-877-621-2077; live chat
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868; text 686868; live chat
- Youthdale’s Crisis Support Team: www.youthdale.ca; (416) 363-9990
- Covenant House: www.covenanthousetoronto.ca; 1-800-435-7308
- Native Child and Family Services: www.nativechild.org; 416-969-8510
- Anishnawbe Health Toronto: www.aht.ca
Thank you to our Moderator and Speakers