June 7, 2018
CCI-T is pleased to support
IFE Seminar on Understanding Code Compliance and Testing of Upholstered Furniture in High Rise Buildings
The Institution of Fire Engineers Canada Branch Proudly Presents Their Annual General Meeting and Professional Development Event
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Fire & Emergency Services Training Institute
2025 Courtneypark Drive East
Greater Toronto Airport Authority
IFE Annual General Meeting at 4:30 PM
UNDERSTANDING CODE COMPLIANCE AND TESTING OF UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE AND FABRIC IN HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS
- This exciting session will review the current Ontario laws for lobby, party room and common area furniture and fabrics
- Understanding the development and history of Fire retardant / flame spread tests and public safetyimpacts.
- Understanding how furniture and products are tested and what to look for to meet these requirements.
- Current challenges to firefighting / occupant safety (furniture in exit vestibules, lobbies and assemblyareas.)
- When is combustible furniture permitted in lobbies of high-rise buildings?
- Current challenges building Owners face with “artwork” furniture and one of a kind pieces.
- Current Canadian challenges of sourcing out “code compliant” furniture.
- IFE, RCO, CCI, CAI and BOMA Members: $35.00
- Non-Members: $45.00
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Property Managers, Condo Boards, Building Managers, Design Professionals, Fire Prevention Officers, Emergency Planners, Security Specialists, Emergency Managers, Safety Specialists, Facility Security Managers and more!
This unique learning opportunity will guide attendees through the process and requirements for Fire Safety testing of Upholstered furniture and fabrics including the differences between open flame, smoldering, and component level testing. In addition, this session will provide a “Live” test of various test methods being performed on products. This valuable understanding will better prepare both Building Owners and Fire Services with unique insight into the testing methods.
Upon completion of the above program, participants will receive a certificate of participation. Certified for 1.5 Hours of Continuing Professional Development Educational Credits towards designation ongoing learning objectives.
Important note –
this is NOT a CCI T event. By clicking on the registration icon below you will be directed to the Institute of Fire Engineers website
You can register online using the secure system at www.ife.ca/events